Wednesday, June 09, 2004

Of doing nothing

A week of doing nothing.
Jelous? Envious? Possible enraged to the point of contemplating homicide?

Dont be.
I have recently found out, that with nothing to do, my brain suddenly drops to a much lower capacity then normal. I got up today at 10.30am, which is a little early I admit. I then spent the next 9 hours straight on the internet.
"Geez you must of downloaded something good in that time"
- Er, no, not really

"Geez, you must of read alot of interesting news pieces about current affairs and the world of tomorrow?"
- Wrong again

"Geez, you must of spent it in chat and at KoL"
-Yup

So more then achieving nothing today, by playing KoL, I think I'm worse off then if I had of stayed in bed and slept through the day.

To explain exactly how I achieve nothing in a day, its important to find out how my room is set up.
I have my bed in the middle of the room. Next to that is my chair. If it werent for food and sleep, 90% of my time would spent on those two items.
As well as that, I have a wireless keyboard and mouse, so i can laze back and not have to worry about cords. I can turn on my computer and my tv, while sitting in this chair. I can turn them both off and goto bed with only two finger presses and a single step.

And as such, nothing is acheived, if nothing is there to motivate me. And today, and for this week, nothing will be there to motivate me.

"Geez moges, you have exams next week, shouldnt you be studying?"
-Shut up, only my friends are aloud to call me moges... but to answer your question, I found out yesterday that my exams are all scattered thoughout 2 weeks. And there are only 4 exams, and that is all there is. Meaning, I have at LEAST one full day to study subjects that I already know back-to-front. Hence my current situation where I have time, but nothing to do.


And so I blog...

2 comments:

Juliet said...

Pfffft.. think how I feel. I sleep 10 hours a night and spend 99% of the rest of the day in chat. We should get married and have babies.

Robert Layton said...

2nd